AirCups from StanceParts are the perfect combination between the advantages of coilover suspension and air suspension. At the same time, they are far more reliable than an air suspension as there is simply nothing to malfunction. That’s why the manufacturer offers a 2-year warranty. Aircups retain the appearance and handling of the coilover suspension but still allow you to lift your car at the touch of a button. This system is great for show, track racing, drifting or everyday use.
How does it work? The system is a cylinder that is pressurised with air. The cylinder is mounted underneath the coilovers (helical suspension). If necessary (bumps, rough terrain, etc.) you pressurize the Aircups and the car is raised by 50mm, which is enough to overcome any obstacle.
The AirCups system is suitable for 90% of coilovers. But we strongly recommend that you consult with our manager before purchasing. With the purchase of a complete set of StanceParts aircups, you receive:
- Adjustment cups (4 pcs)
- Air line (12 m)
- T-adapters (3 pcs)
- Electrically operated 3-way air valve (12 V)
- VIAIR compressor with 10 litre air receiver Fittings
- Front and rear axle lift simultaneously.
- For separate control, order a second 3-way air valve.
System mechanical components guaranteed for 2 years
1 year guarantee on electrical parts of the system
For exact specifications and operating features please see below or ask by telephone.
StanceParts AirCups can only be fitted with linear coilover springs (not cone springs) with an inner diameter greater than 61 mm and an outer diameter less than 99 mm. Also, before ordering, the diameter of the coilover suspension (coilovers) shock absorber rod (front and rear) must be measured and the correct size must be selected under ‘rod diameter’. The AirCups have a thickness of 20 mm in the minimum position, to compensate for this height we recommend lowering the coilovers by the same height. The maximum permissible weight is 2000 kg or 1300 kg per axle.
For the correct installation of the AirCups on the vehicle, please refer to the installation manual. You will also find diagrams of air and electric wiring harnesses, details of AirCups installation on vehicles with McPherson and wishbone suspensions.
Our shop offers a two-year warranty on all mechanical components of the AirCups system, and a one-year warranty on electrical components.
Certain features of the AirCups system:
- The AirCups system is only pressurised when you drive over obstacles. You can drive a certain distance, but you cannot keep the system on all the time.
- The AirCups system can be used at speeds below 60 km/h. You must drive over obstacles at an appropriate speed.
- Only use the AirCups system when it is fitted to the vehicle. Take care of your hands and fingers when operating it.
- The AirCups can be used in 2 modes: off (no pressure) and on (6 – 10 bar / 90 – 150 psi).
- Check the air filter every 3 to 6 months and replace it if necessary.
- Release the pressure from the air reservoir every 2-3 months by turning the tap (make sure the pressure in the air reservoir is at a minimum).
There are no reviews yet.